By Wyatt Earp | June 10, 2009
You know, I am pretty good at what I do. I pride myself on the fact that I’m a better-than-average detective. I can usually see things that others can’t, and spot a person’s secrets.
But I have to admit: This story really floored me.
LOS ANGELES, California — “American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert confirmed publicly what he assumed everyone already knew: He is gay.
“I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I am gay,” Lambert told Rolling Stone magazine.
Wow, I am absolutely amazed. I really had no idea! /snark.
He said he is “proud of my sexuality” and never sought to hide it during the “Idol” competition.
“I embrace it,” he said. “It’s just another part of me.”
Still, he stayed silent when, in March, a picture of him, dressed in drag and kissing an ex-boyfriend, emerged online. Lambert told Rolling Stone he was worried coming out would “be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing.” (H/T – CNN)
And how did that work out for ya, genius? Kris Allen beat you like a rented mule, and the irony of it all is that if you came out during the show, the sympathy vote would have put you over the top. Dope.
Oh well, at least it gives me an excuse to post a top ten list:
Top Ten Reactions To Adam Lambert’s Announcement
10. Simon Cowell purchased new designer bikini briefs!
9. A few “Lambert Troofers” demanded to see his birth certificate.
8. RT cried for three straight days.
7. Lambert was offered a walk-on role in the new “Transformers” film.
6. Makeup prices increased by 300 percent.
5. An angry Clay Aiken called him “Adam Shambert.”
4. Sonia Sotomayor described Lambert as a “wise non-Latina woman.”
3. Captain America has been motivated to come out as well.
2. Rush Limbaugh exclaimed, “I hope he fails.”
And the number one reaction to Adam Lambert’s announcement is . . .
1. I’m still posting without pants!