By Wyatt Earp | May 25, 2006
It is said that alcohol dissipates with time. One could also say that drunken memories come back with time. The HHGR recap was missing a few key moments, such as Badger’s 96-foot putt on the ninth green – Yes, we walked out the distance – and Fish’s amazing display of accuracy after consecutively hitting a yardage marker, and two trees on a single hole. There were sound bites galore, which would make a halfway decent list.
Top Ten Things Overheard At HHGR
10. “I went to church today. I raise my kids right.” – Fish, thanking God after his ball skipped off a pond and onto the 18th green.
9. “Jesus, Badger, do you have to break wind every three minutes?” – Everyone
8. “The last time I saw Fish, he was ‘resting’ on a chair at 5am.” – Badger
7. “I’m still drunk.” – Fish, moments before our tee time.
6. “Nice divot. That would make a great toupee, Vinnie.” – Wyatt
5. “Nice hit, Vinnie. Does your husband play?” – Badger
4. “That putt isn’t bad . . . (Ball quickly rolls past the cup.) . . . Now it is.” – Badger
3. “Wyatt, did you pee your pants?” – Badger
2. “Yes, I did.” – Wyatt (Smiling)
And the number one thing overheard at HHGR is . . .
1. “Someone ask that girl if she is wearing panties!” – Vinnie