The U.S. has captured Ahmed Abu Khattala, mastermind of the 2012 Benghazi Attacks.
One of the suspected ringleaders of the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans, Abu Khattala is the first of the alleged perpetrators to be apprehended. He now awaits a transfer to the United States and a federal trial in the District.
U.S. officials said the joint Special Operations and FBI mission had been planned for months and was approved by President Obama on Friday.
I wonder if they seized his internet video equipment? There’s more below the fold…
Democrats participating in the Benghazi hearings walked out of the chamber during testimony from the families of those killed during the attacks.
During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing about Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.
The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier. (H/T – AoSHQ)
The other Democrats apparently couldn’t care less about the victims’ families. Color me surprised.
Yeah, I didn’t believe it at first, either, but there ya go. The report claims that 35 CIA agents were on site, and seven of those were wounded in the attacks. Some seriously. If true, that means the “president” left three dozen Americans out there to die.
Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.
CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.
Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings. The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.
It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.
In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, “You don’t jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well.”
But yeah, “phony scandal”… or something. If true, this should be the death knell of the Obama presidency, and the end of Hillary Clinton’s presidential aspirations before they even begin.
BTW, here is a list of Obama’s “phony scandals” to date.
During today’s presser, Barack Obama called the Benghazi hearings a “sideshow.” I wonder if the families of Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Ty Woods, and Glen Doherty would agree?
At a press conference today at the White House, President Obama said “There’s no there there” on criticism of how his administration handled the Benghazi terror attack:
“And suddenly three days ago this gets spun up as if there’s something new to the story,” Obama said in response to a question about Benghazi. “There’s no there there.”
The president continued, “Keep in mind by the way these so-called talking points that were prepared for Susan Rice, five, six days after the event occurred, pretty much matched the assessments that I was receiving at that time in my presidential daily briefing.”
This guy is simply the most arrogant president in the history of our country. I truly despise him. (Oh, and you can look up “FYNQ” on your own.)
Wow, I haven’t brought out this meme in years, but I figured it was applicable today.
Look, I realize the non-stop Benghazi coverage is becoming tedious, but I think the topic is important – even if the MSM does not. As such, I wanted to mention a story related to something I said in the comments of the post below.
I’ve been a police officer for almost 19 years. Eleven of those years were spent in patrol. When asked why help was never sent to the Benghazi compound the night on September 11th, the Obama administration gave this
bullshit excuses: the help would not get there in time to save Ambassador Stevens.
So they simply refused to send a rescue team?
I imagine there are people who actually buy in to this premise, so I’ll direct this question to them. If the police cannot respond in time to stop a residential burglary or catch a murderer in the act, should we simply disregard the call? By this administration’s logic, what’s the point of responding if we cannot get there until after the fact?
The Benghazi Hearings began in earnest yesterday, and while I followed much of the testimony – it was my day off – I did not see it all. I have read many accounts, but if you missed them, Breitbart’s Joel Pollak summarized the key points nicely:
1. Two “stand-down” orders were given while the Benghazi attacks were in progress.
2. The “protest” about a YouTube video was a complete fabrication by the Obama administration.
3. Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s lawyer at the State Department, told witnesses not to speak to House investigators.
4. The diplomatic personnel on the ground acted with incredible, unheralded heroism.
5. Democrats came to rebut the eyewitnesses with talking points.
According to Lt. General Thomas Mclnerney, the only person who can give a “stand-down” order is the president. So it would stand to reason Obama gave not one, but two “stand-down” orders to a special forces rescue team. This most likely sealed the fate of Glen Doherty and Ty Woods.
Not that it will matter. As in the case with Operation Fast and Furious, Barack Obama will not be held accountable for dead Americans, and Hillary Clinton’s political career will continue unabated.
A whistleblower witness to September’s Benghazi terror attacks is claiming then-Secretary of State cut counterterror officials out of the loop as the incident unfolded; a decision that probably cost American lives.
I think it’s safe to say Clinton’s presidential aspirations are now effectively destroyed.
On the night of Sept. 11, as the Obama administration scrambled to respond to the Benghazi terror attacks, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a key aide effectively tried to cut the department’s own counterterrorism bureau out of the chain of reporting and decision-making, according to a “whistle-blower” witness from that bureau who will soon testify to the charge before Congress, Fox News has learned.
That witness is Mark I. Thompson, a former Marine and now the deputy coordinator for operations in the agency’s counterterrorism bureau. [T]he veteran counterterrorism official concluded on Sept. 11 that Clinton and Kennedy tried to cut the counterterrorism bureau out of the loop as they and other Obama administration officials weighed how to respond to — and characterize — the Benghazi attacks.
If you remember, Clinton blamed the attack on protests resulting from a YouTube video; a video no one saw. That excuse was a complete fabrication, and the video creator’s life was virtually destroyed by the Obama administration.
This despicable coverup occurred because Barack Obama had an election to win. But hey, “what difference at this point does it make?”
UPDATE: If you’re on Twitter, follow CBS News’ Sharyl Atkisson right now! If not, click the link, as she has more breaking Benghazi news.
Many people suspected it, and now – thanks to a timeline received from the Director of national Intelligence – there is proof. The Obama administration deliberately lied to the American people in the days after the Benghazi terror attack. An attack that left a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans dead.
As intelligence officials pieced together the puzzle of events unfolding in Libya, they concluded even before the assaults had ended that al Qaeda-linked terrorists were involved. Senior administration officials, however, sought to obscure the emerging picture and downplay the significance of attacks that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. The frantic process that produced the changes to the talking points took place over a 24-hour period just one day before Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, made her now-famous appearances on the Sunday television talk shows. The discussions involved senior officials from the State Department, the National Security Council, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the White House.
Do yourself a favor and read the entire article. It’s pretty damning. Hopefully, historians will see this event as the beginning of the end of the Obama presidency, as well as the demise of Hillary Clinton’s presidential aspirations.
Why would I say that? Because it takes gigantic balls to say what she did yesterday.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was asked about ascertaining whether the Benghazi terror attack was the result of a protest by Senator Ron Johnson. “What difference, at this point, does it make?” Clinton shouted, seemingly losing her cool.
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?”
Let’s pretend for a second that anyone in the Obama administration gives a rat’s arse about the four dead Americans… It makes a difference, Hillary, because you, the “president,” Susan Rice, and Jay Carney all took to the airwaves in the days after the attack and blamed it on a YouTube video. A video no one saw.
It makes a difference, Hillary, because you told Charles Woods (father of the murdered Ty Woods) you would have the filmmaker “arrested and prosecuted.”
It makes a difference, Hillary, because this corrupt administration’s excuse for these murders was based upon a lie. That lie was the basis of the cover-up and goes toward your credibility (or lack thereof).
Video of Clinton’s faux outrage is below the fold.
Remember the Benghazi terror attack? The one where four of our men – including our ambassador to Libya – were murdered? The one where the Obama administration ordered rescue teams to stand down? Yeah, that national embarrassment is back in the spotlight.
So is Hillary Clinton: our other national embarrassment.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton won’t testify to Congress next week on Benghazi, after fainting and suffering a concussion Saturday and due to her ongoing stomach ailment.
“While suffering from a stomach virus, Secretary Clinton became dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion,” Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Philippe Reines said in a statement. “She has been recovering at home and will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors. At their recommendation, she will continue to work from home next week…”
Deputy Secretaries of State Bill Burns and Tom Nides will both testify in Clinton’s place, according to the office of Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry.
This may shock you, but John Kerry has no problem with the Hill-dabeast ducking her responsibility to testify. In fact, he practically applauded it through his spokeswoman: “the nation’s best interests are served by the report and hearings proceeding as scheduled with senior officials appearing in her place.”
No, Mr. Ed, the nation’s best interests are served by uncovering the truth. Your – and your party’s – best interests are served by keeping Hillary under wraps; preferably until she announces his presidential run.