A Gun In Every Pot

Nelson Georgia City HallThe city council of Nelson, Georgia is proposing a law which would make gun ownership mandatory.

Hear that? That’s the sound of liberal skulls exploding.

Every homeowner in a local town could soon have to own a gun or break the law. It’s a controversial new plan for the city of Nelson. Leaders [said] the reason they need the law is because the city straddles Cherokee county to the south and Pickens County to the north. That, they said, can lead to slower response times.

One police officer patrols Nelson, Georgia for eight hours during the day. That leaves 16 hours overnight when the city is basically unguarded.

“When he’s not here we rely on county sheriffs; however it takes a while for them to get here,” said Nelson City Councilman Duane Cronic. That’s why [he] proposed the ordinance.

I see the point of the ordinance, but I don’t necessarily agree with it. Every citizen of Nelson should be allowed – no, encouraged – to own a firearm, but I don’t believe anyone should have a gun forced upon them.

16 thoughts on “A Gun In Every Pot

1. Robbie

See now that is not fair to me. I want to own a gun, I’m not against owning a gun (hell my Momma packs heat), what I’m afraid of…….(drumroll, please……..) Shooting the asshole I married – BOOM !

Dr. Evil – That part of it is (obviously) delicious.

Metoo – Sadly, I am only locked. :)

Robbie – This blog (and its blogger) is against domestic violence . . . unless it is really, really called for. /sarcasm

3. John A

Post it at the city line, to keep out gun-banners and the occasional smarter B&E crook.

Like Kennesaw (?) probably not much to be enforced, but to be mentioned by realtors.

Oooooh goody! So what happens on the weekends? Of course does it really matter, since everyone is packin’. I’m sure the violent crime rate is extremely low in Nelson, GA.

5. hutch1200

I’ve ridden on those fine, well paved, winding roads. 5 miles to go 1 mile as the crow flies. I was riding a BMW RS down to do the “Tail of the Dragon”. 318 turns in 11 miles. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
    Yeah, I wanna be racing to a scene down there. You’d be beat before ya got there!

The “Tail of the Dragon” is cool. Maybe I can convince Mrs. S, to do a road trip down this road, looks like fun.

Why do I get the feeling that in a little town way out in the boonies like that, that burglars
    have been ‘disappearing’ for a long time.

Robbie – I think you already know what I think. :)

L Frame – There are worse places to live. The Northeast is one of them.

John A – And the police officer would appreciate the help.

Jim – If not, it soon will be.

Andy – *shudder*

Hutch1200 – It’s like the Tour de France.

Jon – Into the slurry factory.

8. He Said His Telephone Number Was 911

Willing to bet most of the citizens of Nelson already have a gun, or three.

9. Bob G.

Wyatt:
    Sounds like MY kinda Sheriff!

And if we follow the PPD motto of “If you shoot someone, drag them back INTO the hosue so it looks like a burglary”, there might be a new place to “drop off” the perps…in GEORGIA.
    ;)

Roll safe out there.

10. PapaMAS

“Doing otherwise makes this law no different than New York’s ridiculous new gun legislation.”

Or ObamaCare!