Nice Career You Have There, Bob…

Bob WoodwardIt would be a shame if something happened to it.

Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward claims he was threatened by a member of the Obama administration after Woodward had the temerity to criticize Dear Leader about the sequester.

Hmm, I’m old enough to remember when liberals worshiped the man who helped bring down Richard Nixon.

Bob Woodward said on CNN that a “very senior person” at the White House warned him in an email that he would “regret doing this,” the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

“It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, ‘You’re going to regret doing something that you believe in,’” Woodward said.

The White House aide who Woodward said threatened him was Gene Sperling, the director of the White House Economic Council.

Earlier on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a “kind of madness I haven’t seen in a long time” for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

It is madness, because Obama is (again) using scare tactics against the low-information voters. During the sequester, federal spending will decrease by a total of 1.2%.

1.2%.

But the “president” wants you to believe this minor cut in spending will result in sexually transmitted diseases, deforestation, and irreversibly progressive depletion of the global gene pool. It all adds up to oblivion, pal. Governments will fall, anarchies will reign. (Guess the film quote.)

Either way, the “president’s” bullsh*t is just that; bullsh*t. That’s why he’s threatening people like Bob Woodward. Oh, and apparently, the Woodward incident is not an isolated one.

16 thoughts on “Nice Career You Have There, Bob…

Veeshir – For the record, I don’t like Woodward. I met him when I was at a college journalism symposium, and he was not only full of himself, but also a terribly boring speaker. That said, I dislike the Obama administration’s gangster tactics more than I hate Bobby.

2. John D

Woodward may be an arrogant jerk, but he’s just doing his job: holding the government accountable. The rest of the media should be running to his defense. But they won’t because they’re too ashamed that they’ve been asleep at the wheel since The One arrived on the scene.

John D – Go to the head of the class. Pretty underrated film, actually. And agreed on Woodward. I still don’t have much sympathy for him, but he should be applauded for his Random Act of Journalism.

Don’t forget that Police and Fire won’t be able to respond to your house if you need them after tomorrow when the sequester hits. What a farce. We need a few more journalists in this country and a few less leg tingling O fans in the media.

All the more reason to have an AR-15, since the police can’t protect me, because of the sequester… Of course according to slow Joe, I can’t handle an AR-15…just like the female soldiers and Marines can’t.

‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend’ may be required here, even if the enemy of my enemy is usually my enemy the rest of the time anyways. Every little bit that can help bring down the bloated child king, at least politically, needs to be brought to the table.
    It would be kind of cool if he had a slowly emptying health bar over his head like a ‘Big Boss Battle’ character in Serious Sam or something, so we could know when we or anyone were doing some real damage and could double up on that input.

Unfortunately, yesterday I found out that I will have to take a 20% pay cut because of the sequester. What really stinks (I’m trying to watch my language), is that my DoD agency is always fully funded on October 1, of every fiscal year. Plus in my agency we have over 50 unfilled positions, with the hiring freeze, the money allocated could be turned in to meet our “goal”. But, nope, zero wants all the pain he can dish out, particularly to DoD, so furloughs will happen. But, SESs and political hacks won’t get furloughed…Great leadership. Hardly. Yet, the majority of my agency voted for zero (I did not, in 08 or 12).

Since it doesn’t involve the Clinton’s he probably won’t wind up dead. Not that I’m implying anything, I’m sure all those dozens of people who could have implicated Bill or Hill in anything, and who died from natural causes in: plane crashes, home invasions, suicides ( hehe snark), heart attacks etc. before testifying were truly just coincidences.
    One thing does scare me though, if the child god king takes you out with a drone, would your insurance refuse to pay your survivours since it was an act of god?

8. metoo

Thugery – it’s the Chicago way. We don’t have a president who leads. Nope, we have a spoiled, thin skinned, narcissistic prima donna who doesn’t want anyone to call him out on his lies and deception.

9. JT

Ok, let’s see if I understand this…. the guy took down the Nixon administration and now he’s afraid of an e-mail ?
    I’m not defending the current administration, but I think the worst that can happen is a loogie in his mashed potatoes at the White House press dinner.
    To the best of my knowledge, Vince Foster never got an e-mail.
    This is like yelling “FIRE” in an empty building.
    And, in the words of Dave Barry, “only a union worker can yell fire”.