Anchors Aweigh

Hugh Jackman ShirtlessIt’s hard to believe I look like a shirtless Hugh Jackman now, but what can I tell you?

Okay, I’m not nearly that muscular and my face looks like a frying pan, but I am slightly less fat than I was last week. Better still, the scale didn’t groan when I stepped on it this morning.

The result? 197 Pounds.

So I’m down 2 pounds since last week, and 18 pounds since January 1st. Also, I’ve been cleared by my physical therapist to start walking again, so I expect that number to shrink even more. 195 is the lightest I’ve been in ten years. I’ll definitely be under that soon. As for long-term goals, I’d be ecstatic if I could get to 185.

11 thoughts on “Anchors Aweigh

1. Staasch

Hey Wyatt – Congratulations! By the way, how is your mom doing? I have not seen any updates on the lady’s health.

Staasch – Thanks. Mom is doing well, getting better every day. Still in pain – obviously – but she’s getting around much better now; taking stairs and walking throughout the house. She gets a chest x-ray this week, to make sure everything is progressing smoothly.

3. Vicki

Great news about your mom.

You mean that’s NOT you in that picture? Who the Hell have I been talking to all these years????

4. jay

You are an inspiration Wyatt, well done. I’m going to try and follow your example as I have a few kilos to loose.
    Also very glad to hear your Mom is doing well.

Old NFO – Thanks for both, my friend.

Vicki – A morbidly obese guy who looks a lot like Eddie Munster.

Jim – I look more like The Blob.

Jenn – Done and done!

RD – Good point. Looked in the mirror this morning – shirtless. I’m still fat. Mae I’ll look a bit harder at 180.

Jay – I’m no inspiration, but if a few others jump about the weight loss train, there are plenty of seats available.

6. jay

Just today I got the bike out, dusted it off, pumped up the tires and was very pleased with the amount of exercise I put in. Tomorrow I may even ride it somewhere.