Because It’s Been So Long

Mom And Allison… since I asked for prayers, I figured I could ask again. My mother rushed herself to the hospital last night with pain in her chest and neck. The ER doctors said they found an ischemia in her heart, but said they didn’t think she was having an “active heart attack” – whatever the frak that means.

Today she received catheter in her heart to check for possible issues, and one of her arteries are 90% blocked. They can’t put a stint into it, because there’s an aneurysm at the end.

So, she’s scheduled for double bypass surgery on Monday morning.

So far in 2013, we’ve had to deal with the loss of my co-worker’s daughter, my best friend’s aortic valve replacement, and my wife’s diverticulitis. I really can’t take much more of this.

Obviously, posting here is on hold until Monday afternoon at the earliest.

25 thoughts on “Because It’s Been So Long

Jenn – Thanks. I’m at work, and trying to notify everyone and deal with the phone calls. Cop Mode has been initiated, so I’m doing okay. My sister, however, is a mess. Understandable.

2. TonyF

I don’t leave many comments, but read religiously. As long as I’m doing something religiously, I will pray for your mom and your family. I hope we see some positive updates in the near future.

3. Mike47

You can handle it, Wyatt. The Man Upstairs will never ask more of you than you can handle. Think of it all as a test. You have what it takes to get through anything thrown at you.

Positive thoughts incoming.

Howdy Wyatt – SO sorry to hear this latest news about the Earp family! Please know that I am praying for your mother and for you and all of your family. And if its ANY reassurance at all, my Dad had three open heart surgeries, one of which was just what your Mother is getting. That was some 35 years ago; the doctors have had lots of practice since then (!) and I’m sure she’ll be OK.
    Nonetheless Prayers are also going up for the doctors and nurses and techs involved in you Mother’s care too.
    Stay strong Wyatt – you’ve done everything you CAN do; God will see it the rest of the way through.

5. Dr, Evil

Wyatt- I am due a crapload of time off work. I expect you between now and Monday to give me full info so I can be there. Hospital….where to meet…etc. Your mom was always a favorite and someone I considered very much like me. Let me know, I’ll be there.

6. Rick

My prayers are with you and your family.
    Just remember Jesus’ words
    Matthew 18:19-20
    King James Version (KJV)
    19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
    We are gathered together in prayer.Keep your chin up.God is already in Monday

7. Allison

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Mom is finally getting some sleep.

I am as Wyatt said a complete mess, I know someone up there has to be looking out for our family.

Keep sending those positive vibes!

8. Jim

I am praying for all of you. Try to take some comfort and find strength in the fact that you have many people that care about you and yours.

9. AJ Lynch

I will pitch in some prayers for your Mom Wyatt. Thankfully, these surgeries have become almost routine so your Mom is in good, safe, experienced hands.

10. Ranba Ral

Prayers for you mom, Wyatt.

Also, my understanding of active heart attack is that the heart has actually stopped for a period of time. Something like this, that gives the signs of a heart attack but aren’t full-fledged is more the heart fluttering irregularly, but not stopping completely, like when the an engine is misfiring/timing is off but it’s not enough to cause it to seize. Seem to recall something similar happening to my grandpas a few times.

11. He Said His Telephone Number Was 911

I’ll have your mom and you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. My mom is an 8 year member of the “zipper club”, went in for a triple bypass, and ended up with a quad. She’s been issue free ever since. Wishing an uneventful surgery, and a rapid recovery.

12. rd

Best wishes for your Mom. My Mom had open heart surgery in December/12. She’s doing great. Really great. The incidence of depression following the procedure is huge, like its rare if you actually don’t experience post-operative depression, but that passed pretty quickly for my Mom and the quality of her life has improved enormously now that everything is working more efficiently.
    Chin up, this too shall pass.

13. bob (either orr)

Wyatt and Allison, fervent prayers for you and your mom.
    One note on which to have some optimism: When I had my repair job last year, the surgeon gave me the choice of a stent or replacement. He explained that the stent is a less-viable long-term option, because stents have to be replaced every few years. The bypass is a better long-term way to go.
    That said, it’s still scary, but keep the faith.

14. Jay

I’ll be saying a special prayer for your Mom and family. Remember your Mom is in the best place. They know what the problem is and they know what to do.
    Hang in there Wyatt.